It is our policy that all children should wear clothing that is in keeping with a purposeful learning ethos. We also believe it is important that certain activities are facilitated by specialised and appropriate clothing when attending school, or when participating in a school-organised event outside normal school hours. We provide a complete list of the items needed for children’s school uniform in this policy and in our school prospectus.
Our policy for children’s school uniform is based on the belief that a school uniform:
• promotes a sense of pride in the school
• engenders a feeling of community and belonging
• is practical and smart
• identifies the children with the school
• is not distracting in class (as fashion clothes might be)
• makes children feel equal to their peers in terms of appearance
• is regarded as suitable, and good value for money, by most parents
• is designed with health and safety in mind.
School uniform comprises of the following: SCHOOL UNIFORM – NURSERY
Autumn/Winter: Navy jogging bottoms, pale blue polo shirt, sensible shoes, royal blue cardigan/sweatshirt may be worn.
Spring/Summer: Navy shorts, pale blue polo, sensible shoes, royal blue cardigan/sweatshirt may be worn.
* All items of uniform must be marked clearly and regular checks will be held to ensure lost property is at a minimum.
* Jewellery (i.e. rings, earrings, etc.) must not be worn in school, as such items can be a safety hazard and are not covered by school insurance.
You can now order on-line by clicking on the following link: MAPAC
SCHOOL UNIFORM – MAIN SCHOOL
Autumn/Winter: Short grey skirt, pinafore or long trousers, white shirt/blouse, school tie, royal blue sweatshirt/cardigan, black sensible shoes;
Spring/Summer: Blue checked dresses of any style, royal blue or white polo shirt with grey skirt, pinafore or short trousers, sweatshirt/cardigan, black sensible shoes or plain neutral coloured sandals (no open-toed or fashion sandals;
PE KIT: Navy or royal shorts, white T-shirt, black pumps (preferably slip on).
RECEPTION only: navy jogging bottoms, wellington boots for learning in the Outdoor Learning Garden
* Each child requires a P.E. kit. Jogging pants may be worn for journeys to and from school when it is cold, and at playtime or lunchtime. All children should preferably wear a navy or royal blue topcoat or anorak without motifs.
* All items of uniform must be marked clearly and regular checks will be held to ensure lost property is at a minimum. Lost property will be stored in a cupboard near the School Office.
*Jewellery (i.e. rings, earrings, etc.) must not be worn in school, as such items can be a safety hazard and are not covered by school insurance. You can now order on-line by clicking on the following link: MAPAC
• Children should not wear nail varnish, make-up or any tattoos including the stick on variety.
• A pupil’s hair is a very important part of their presentation. Long hair should be tied back neatly in a small bobble – large fashion hair accessories should not be worn for school. Hair styles should be of a standard style, extreme haircuts e.g mohicans, shaved symbols or designs are not permitted.