It is our policy that all children should wear clothing that is in keeping with a purposeful learning ethos. We also believe it is important that certain activities are facilitated by specialised and appropriate clothing when attending school, or when participating in a school-organised event outside normal school hours. We provide a complete list of the items needed for children’s school uniform in this policy and in our school prospectus.
Our policy for children’s school uniform is based on the belief that a school uniform:
• promotes a sense of pride in the school
• engenders a feeling of community and belonging
• is practical and smart
• identifies the children with the school
• is not distracting in class (as fashion clothes might be)
• makes children feel equal to their peers in terms of appearance
• is regarded as suitable, and good value for money, by most parents
• is designed with health and safety in mind.
School uniform comprises of the following: SCHOOL UNIFORM – NURSERY
Autumn/Winter: Navy jogging bottoms, pale blue polo shirt, sensible shoes, royal blue cardigan/sweatshirt may be worn.
Spring/Summer: Navy shorts, pale blue polo, sensible shoes, royal blue cardigan/sweatshirt may be worn.
* All items of uniform must be marked clearly and regular checks will be held to ensure lost property is at a minimum.
* Jewellery (i.e. rings, earrings, etc.) must not be worn in school, as such items can be a safety hazard and are not covered by school insurance.
You can now order on-line by clicking on the following link: MAPAC
Autumn/Winter: Grey shorts/Trousers, Grey Skirt/Pinafore – Royal blue or White polo shirt, sensible shoes (avoid laces), royal blue cardigan/sweatshirt may be worn.
Spring/Summer: Grey shorts, royal blue or white polo shirt, Blue checked summer dress, sensible shoes (avoid laces), royal blue cardigan/sweatshirt may be worn.
White T-shirt, Navy Blue Shorts and Navy Jogging bottoms, black pumps.
We will be asking that children come to school on PE days dressed in their PE kits with navy jogging bottoms and a school jumper/cardigan and school shoes. In addition to ensuring that PE time is maximised, this has also significantly reduced the amount of lost property.
Just a reminder that to maintain our high standards and for health and safety reasons, our Uniform Policy, specifies footwear as black, sensible shoes not trainers or pumps and neutral coloured sandals. Unless your child is able to tie his/her own shoelaces, please could I also ask that shoe fastenings are either Velcro or buckles. Please ensure all items of uniform are clearly labelled with your child’s name so that if they do wander, they can be returned to their rightful owner.
As a special treat, if they would like to, children our allowed to come in their own clothes for their birthday. If their birthday is at the weekend they can come in on the nearest school day with their own clothes on.