GOVERNORS’ MISSION STATEMENT
STATEMENT OF AIMS AND BELIEFS
At Forefield Community Infant and Nursery School we aim to create a safe, happy learning environment to enable all our children to achieve their full potential in all aspects of school life.
Forefield Community Infant and Nursery School aims to be a place of distinctive merit in which excellence is not only tied to what is academic, but is linked to all aspects of school life.
We believe our children need:
- The highest quality teaching and learning
- A broad and balanced appropriate curriculum
- A stimulating and engaging learning environment
- An extension to the care and security that comes from family life
- To develop effective relationships with their peers, teachers, parents and the community
- Learning experiences which encourage intellectual growth, and develop self-worth and potential
- To develop a healthy, respectful attitude towards all people, regardless of race, religion, gender, social background or disability
We aim to:
- Enable each child to reach their full potential
- Encourage the physical, intellectual, emotional and social development of our children
- Foster a caring attitude towards others
- Foster the self-worth of each member through respect, encouragement, empathy, understanding and self-discipline
- Develop strong links with the community
- Encourage children to take positive steps to improve their school and local environment
We strive to achieve our aims through the following…
- Our school will provide a broad and balanced curriculum which will meet the needs of every child.
- We will provide the highest quality teaching.
- We will provide a cultural environment by means of ideas, visits, books and intellectual conversation whereby all children have the opportunity to acquire common technical and physical skills, and to mix with people developing social skills.
- We will place great emphasis on the encouragement of social development while bringing to the child an awareness of new areas of knowledge by first hand experience.
- We will develop the skills, attitudes and values to enable our children to make a positive contribution to the development of the school and the wider community.
- We will provide opportunities and resources which will take account of the principles of equality in multi-cultural, religious, gender and disability issues.